James the Astronaut

James the Astronaut
Not sure if I can go through with this...

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why do you cover your eyes when you space travel?

I did not practice my waking up right away yesterday. And I did not wake up right away this morning. I woke up early, before my alarm went off, but then I changed my alarm and slept until the last minute again. But I did practice this afternoon. This is what I did:

1. I closed my bedroom door.
2. I slipped into my sleeping attire.
3. I set 5 alarms, each 2 minutes apart (starting 2 minutes from when I set them).
4. I got into bed and relaxed.
5. Each time an alarm went off, I stopped it, got up immediately, inhaled deeply and stretched my 4 limbs, and walked to my bathroom scale.
6. I got back into bed and relaxed until the next alarm.

I am going to practice again this evening if the kids will do something together. I really, really do want to make this habitual.

In other news... I was planning to stop eating fiber bars some time in the near future. I love to have one with my morning coffee, but I have begun to think of it as a bit of a crutch. A crutch that I don't really need, now that I naturally consume an average of around 400% of the recommended daily intake of fiber. So first, I was going to stop drinking coffee, then I was going to stop eating fiber bars. It would have been so easy to just quit with the coffee this morning, since I drank the last of my creamer yesterday.

But what did I find when I was in Walmart this morning? Fiber Plus Antioxidant bars have a new flavor: Caramel Coconut something. So I slipped a small creamer into my cart and decided to give the coffee thing a little more time. When I finally stop the madness I will be banking around 300 extra calories from breakfast that I could easily invest in Greek yogurt and honey. Happy to report, though, that I kept myself to one mugful today.

Some have wondered why James covers her eyes during space travel. Really poor depth perception, especially in the dark.

I don't have time to share everything I'm into this afternoon. I wish I could be with you here, in this moment, all day.

5 comments:

  1. I loved this post! What a way to put that in words! I will love following...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Path Traveled! I will try to make it interesting here. I am so proud to see that my NM family are my first followers! I got much of my blogging education from your comments on JerseyGirlie's NM thread! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! I have to try the wake up practice.

    Darn those Walmart people and their tempting creamers. Maybe try keeping the coffee. Work on giving up the creamer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You Nutrimirror gals rock! Thanks for rushing in to support me. We really are an awesome network.

    JerseyGirlie, I could never go black (coffee). Creamer is to coffee as toes are to a ballerina. Ever see a ballerina dance without toes? The creamer is the right wing, the coffee is the left.

    "Sister can't fly on one wing." --Sparkle, 1976

    ReplyDelete